Every business depends upon technology to operate and successfully function. The volume of information your business gathers and stores is increasing exponentially every year. The databases you use to manage this business-critical data are important, and your business relied on them to be available round-the-clock and accessible. This often results in a strain on the internal database administrators of the company.
Besides the above, you can pressure yourself to keep the database speed and performance running perfectly in the ever-changing digital landscape. This is where the need for specialized database administration services comes into the picture. Businesses should hire skilled and qualified DBAs for managing their databases effectively.
What are the advantages of hiring remote DBA companies as a service?
The advantages of hiring remote DBA companies for your business are as follows:
- You can mitigate the recruiting costs of a DBA for your company and can eliminate the need to hire unknown or unreliable DBA contractors for your business.
- You can get the choice to acquire monthly fractional hours or a full-time DBA for your business needs
- Manage your IT budget effectively with a fixed and predictable cost every month
- Mitigate skill gaps in present staff across the best practices and new technology upgrades
- Extend DBA support without the need to increase your headcount
- Focus better on internal activities of the business and free staff and time on day-to-day database administration and management tasks
- Get a good team of talented and specialized DBAs with expertise and in-depth knowledge for database management
- Get 24/7 support for business-critical database systems.
- Get weekly health checks for your database along with performance reviews across critical databases
- Leverage the best database management practices for database performance optimization and architectures
- Realize optimal SLAs for your business with effective DBA support
- Scale the DBA services for your business regarding cloud migrations, projects, new applications, upgrades, and lots more.
Besides the above, your business can also mitigate:
- The expenses that related to recruiting the right human resources with their training as well as certifications for boosting the performance of your present database, its versions, technology, and other advanced features
- You can cater to your business needs regarding gaps in database administration and management due to holidays, absenteeism of staff, and support needed for after-business hours.
Specialists from esteemed database consulting, management, and administration company, RemoteDBA say that you should choose a good company for your remote database management because:
- You can lower your operating costs and maximize the performance of your database
- You can buy the sufficient amount of expertise that your business needs
- Prices of DBA as a service are affordable for every business, even small-scale companies
- Save costs when it comes to hiring a full-time DBA for your business
- Ensure critical business solutions are completely covered
Selecting the right remote DBA Company for your business
As your company grows, you should effectively monitor the increasing number of suppliers and customers. You cannot afford to rely on a simple database, and MIS reports sustaining this change. You need to migrate to more advanced and sophisticated DBMS to be competitive in the market.
Small and medium scale enterprises need remote DBA services today
Small and medium scale enterprises will soon face a time when they need to answer the important question as to whether they need a skilled DBA to manage the database or not. This need may come in a number of unique ways.
For instance, the business might have outgrown the business databases that are being used, or you might find your current staff is not competent to handle the new demands of database management.
Do you have adequate support when it comes to new business apps?
The software the vendor you work with might even suggest that you hire remote DBA services to support any business application that you might have purchased. Some businesses may have faced a sudden emergency where the whole database server crashed, and business operations hampered greatly. Again, some business owners might be over-burdened with internal responsibilities that it is really hard for them to pay attention to database management and administration.
Now, you need to ensure that your database is functioning optimally when it comes to effective customer support. This is where DBA services step in to help. The professionals ensure all the needs of database security, performance, and functionality is taken care of round-the-clock.
When it comes to choosing the ideal DBA service for the company, you can either:
- Promote an IT specialist with certifications and qualifications to manage your database or
- You can consult remote DBA companies for the task.
In the case of the above, even if you promote an IT specialist to the rank of a dedicated DBA for your system, there is no guarantee that he/she will not be able to tackle all the problems your database faces. The IT world is dynamic, and professionals constantly need to get the training to upgrade themselves with the market demands. They should be able to use the latest technologies to boost the performance of your database, especially during a crisis like the COVID-19 pandemic.
Avoid downtime and server crashes with a remote DBA company
Most of the time, specialists in your company fail to get the requisite training regarding the latest developments in database management and administration. This can impact the business in many ways. The database might suffer from downtime and, worse still, crash completely due to the above.
Remote DBA services have a team of IT experts who are well-versed in the latest technologies and developments of the database management and administration world. This is why they are better adept when it comes to handling any database challenge your business might face. Companies are using these services as a smart choice to alleviate complicated database management issues with hyper-focus instead placed on business growth, profits, and database performance that paves the way towards success.